Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Day 2

Good (Almost) Afternoon! Day 2 is upon me..and I'm feeling quite good as of right now. I'll be completely honest..last night was kind of rough. I thought that maybe going to sleep early would help to curb the fact that I was feeling quite hungry (water wasn't cutting it..and I hadn't made any juice to get me through the night..and that juicer is loud! I didn't want to wake up the neighborhood). Anyway, I woke up about an hour after going to sleep and was up until about 3:30am! On a positive note..it helped me get a head start on a couple of things for school. Either way, I did question the fasting thing last night..I was quite miserable.

I'm happy to report that I woke up this morning feeling pretty good! I was concerned because I have read that the first few days are the hardest. This doesn't seem too awful. Also..I am thrilled to report that the scale read 150.8 this morning! That's almost a 3lb weight loss since yesterday! That kind of helped to rebuild my motivation, which suffered last night while I was cranky and hungry. I will, however, be keeping a back up supply of juice overnight to avoid that happening again.

I made Juice #3 and Juice #4 this morning. It's probably weird that I get really excited about making new juices..but when you're not eating any solid foods..you have to get your jollies from somewhere, I suppose.

Anyway, Juice #3 consists of:
1/2 Pineapple
1/2 Stalk Celery
1/2 Cucumber
Small Piece of Lime
Handful Spinach
1/2 Avocado
Wheatgrass

Okay, I know you can't juice an avocado! I found a recipe that called for an avocado and I was intrigued, so I figured I'd take a stab at making it. You juice all of the other ingredients..then switch everything to the blender and add the avocado. You make more dishes..but it's a pretty good juice. The recipe called for a "Handful of Spinach"..I may have gone a little overboard. This juice tastes heavily of spinach..and only a little of the fruits that were added. It's all good though..luckily I like the taste of spinach..but I would recommend anyone who doesn't like it to use significantly less!


Juice #4:
1/2 Lime
2 Apples
1/2 Pineapple
1/2 Cucumber
1/2 Avocado
Wheatgrass

I made this juice specifically to use up the rest of some of the ingredients I had to chop in half for Juice #3. I am extremely anal retentive when it comes to fresh produce..and I don't feel comfortable wrapping it up, so this recipe worked perfectly. This juice ended up having more of a green hue than I think it is supposed to have, and this happened because I'm extremely lazy and didn't clean the juicer in between. Oh well..spinach is good for you, right? This juice is a lot sweeter than the last one..and the flavors blended quite nicely with one another. I think that in the grand scheme of today, Juice #4 wins the taste test.

Anyway, that's all that's really happening now. I'm happy to report that I'm not experiencing any additional side effects as of right now..which I consider to be a major plus. If necessary, I'll update later..if not..I look forward to stepping on the scale tomorrow morning.

Thank you for your continued support and encouragement!

No comments:

Post a Comment