Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Update: Middle of Day 1

Always, Always, ALWAYS wash your veggies!! I'm sure most of you knew that already, but I found what looked to be a spider egg sac on one of my kale leaves! Eeeeew! So I have gone ahead and made juice number 2. I'm not sure if I made it because I was hungry, or because I've been thinking about nothing but juice all day long! This recipe made about 30oz of juice..so my juice quota for the day has been just about fulfilled. If I find it to be unbearable later, I may make another batch of juice..and save the remainder for tomorrow.

 So here is how juice #2 stacks up:

Ingredients:
6 Kale Leaves
4 Stalks of Celery
2 Green Apples
1 Cucumber
1/2 Lemon
1 Piece Ginger Root


My initial reaction to this juice was not as good as the first. It is not as sweet as the first one..and it has a strong aftertaste of celery. I wanted to try a green juice, however, because everything I have read has indicated that green juices have significant amounts of nutrients in them. After getting the initial glass down, I started to enjoy this one a lot. It might be what some call to be an "acquired" taste..but it didn't take me long at all to enjoy it. I'm also down to ONE kale leaf! I think that the juicing endeavor will prove to be relatively pricey because of how little juice you get out of certain ingredients. I'm thinking of it as more of an investment though..hopefully my husband agrees :o)




I also wanted to thank all of you for your kind words of encouragement. I have received messages on Facebook and Twitter, as well as a couple of text messages and a phone call cheering me on! I really can't tell you how much that means..even though it is only day 1! You guys are the best..and hopefully you will be the voices of reason when my body is screaming "THIS IS CRAZY..JUST EAT A CHEESEBURGER" at me!!

Anyway..that's all I've got for now. Hopefully tonight will be relatively painless and I can start Day 2 feeling good! More to come later!

No comments:

Post a Comment